Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe
Makes 1/2 Cup
Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette is a favorite of ours at Landreth’s Seeds. Drizzle this dressing on just about any vegetable, and we guarantee that you, or any picky eater, will love it. Pair with a quick salad of tender lettuce, sliced radishes, grated carrots, freshly shelled peas, or spinach and roasted squash slices. For a new twist on a classic vegetable, try roasting cabbage wedges until they’re tender with a golden edge, and serve with a healthy drizzle of dressing.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed and finely chopped (1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped fine
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, combine mustard, garlic, maple syrup, lemon juice, vinegar, and basil.
Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify.
Season with salt and pepper.
If you make a larger batch, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks (though it's so delicious, we doubt it will last that long!)