Herb Butter Recipe
- 1 cup (packed) fresh herb leaves (such as basil, parsley, cilantro, or thyme)
- 1/2 small garlic clove
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
In a food processor fitted with a blade, add the herbs and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped. Add softened butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice and process until smooth; season with salt and pepper. (If you don't have a food processor, you can also use a fork to thoroughly mix butter, herbs, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl.)
Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before using.
To store, transfer butter to a freezer-friendly tupperware container, or, shape into a roll and wrap carefully in wax paper. Butter can be frozen for up to a year, but we recommend 3-6 months for the best flavor.